Financial Controller / Senior Accounts Manager
Job Title: Financial Controller
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 + car allowance and company bonus scheme
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic, dynamic individual to head up their Finance Team. With substantial responsibility you will report directly to the MD, International Group Operations and the corporate CEO. You will be working with the Senior Leadership Team therefore this position involves a broad spectrum of operational responsibilities and requires a wide range of knowledge and experience.
You will be responsible for overseeing and directing the commercial and financial information of the company along with business and budgetary planning, P&L operations and generation of financial reports.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in Finance, a critical thinker with a high attention to detail who is keen to add their financial savvy to understanding the operations and ensuring the company's financial success. An ability to confront problems and issues quickly, develop practical solutions, get input from team. Preferably with a background in manufacturing business sales and operations with management experience.
This position will involve some travel to other company's territories and USA.
Main duties will include:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Produce monthly financial statements to include P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow
- Business Trend Reporting (breakdown of jobs, costs and margins), including Cost Control Analysis of all Backlog, New and Shipped orders as well as quotation and proposal reviews
- Percentage of Completion "POC" accounting for large contracts / orders
- Development of forecast to forecast tracking reports, identify trends, including weekly rolling forecasts for critical KPI's (Bookings, Backlog, Revenue, COGS, MOH, Gross Margin, SG&A and Operating Profit)
- Supervise prep of month end accounts & returns, collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance
- Budget Analysis & identify cost reduction opportunities
- Manage cashflow by tracking, including daily Cash Conversion Cycle "CCC" analysis and management
- Management, support and development of Finance Team
- Attending SLT meetings contributing to the financial and business strategy and decision making
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance or a related field
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Management experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with the ability to translate strategy into action
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Proven organisation and people development skills
- Good knowledge and considerable experience in the use of Hyperion software
- Make and keep commitments as measured by the "say do ratio"
- Be credible, competent and transparent with the facts in all instances and situations.
- High integrity; upholding the highest ethical standards
- Embrace diversity; treating all constituents with dignity
- Service before self
- Drive for Excellence
- Exercise focus, discipline and aspire to be the best in everything you do
- Customer driven
- Alliance builder
- Change leader
- Innovation driver
- High accountability
Who they are:
The company provides robust hydraulic solutions for customers who prefer a partner not just a vendor and is one of the leading European specialists. As professionals in design, manufacture, assembly, service and test, the company pioneers multi-fluid trials to maximise the value of alternative hydraulic fluids. The company's goal is to lead development in hydraulic solutions for demanding applications.
What they offer:
- Company Pension Scheme
- 33 days holiday per year
- Car Allowance
- Company Bonus Plan
When applying applicants should provide a covering letter detailing your salary expectations and availability to commence work.
Please note: All candidates must be currently eligible to both live and work in the United Kingdom.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Qualified Accountant, Bookkeeper, Senior Finance Manager, Revenue Accountant, Senior Management Accountant, Finance Accountant, Group Accountant, Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Finance Controller, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW may also be considered for this role.