Tax Compliance Senior
The role will involve managing a significant portfolio of personal tax clients and trusts, applying the necessary technical knowledge and using appropriate software to submit returns accurately and efficiently.
Large independent practice with a national presence and specialist tax functions
The successful candidate will:
- Be capable of independently managing a varied portfolio of circa 300 clients, including directors, employees, high net worth individuals, sole traders, trusts and partnerships, etc.
- Be able to meet challenging deadlines, complying with all statutory time limits to avoid any penalties.
- Have a proven track record of delivering excellent customer service.
- Preparation of forms P11d, P11d(b), R40 and R185.
- Provide technical assistance and support to non-tax specialists in a clear and concise manner.
- Be involved in ad hoc tax planning projects.
- ATT or CTA qualification
- Up to date knowledge of tax legislation and HMRC guidance
- Experience of using Iris software
- Previously worked in an accountancy practice
Some exposure to advisory and corporate tax matters
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Work on own initiative
- Research of technical queries
- Managing and meeting challenging SLAs
- Organisation/time management
- Ability to engage, train and motivate others
Competitive salary, benefits and progression opportunities