DVSA, Projects Management Accountant
Do you have experience of using a financial system? Are you able to comfortably interpret financial data to identify variances and trends?
We are looking for a Projects Management Accountant to join us at the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and we’d love to hear from you.
As our Projects Management Accountant, you will use your experience to maintain accuracy of project accounting following approval to spend. Your role will see you work within the Management Accounting team to support the projects finance business partners with monitoring approved projects
As our Projects Management Accountant some of the key responsibilities of your role will include:
• Manage the transition of project budgets following approval and ensuring the correct project accounting processes are set up on the SAP financial system (e.g. cost centre)
• Manage the general ledger for capital and non-capital transactions, including accruals, identifying errors and processing corrections
• Maintain spend trackers for approved projects, with balances reconciled to the general ledger
• Support to Project managers to inform on actual spend to date and document forecast spend profiles, identifying variances to spend approval over the lifecycle of the project
• Support the Finance business partners in the financial approval process for Procurement approval forms (PAFs) and advice & support in raising purchase orders against the project
• Support the Finance business partners in financial planning, budgeting, tender evaluation exercises and financial modelling
• Support the wider Management Accounting team in the transition of work into business as usual activity, including impact to run budgets and project closure stage
To thrive in this role, it is essential that you have a natural eye for detail, being confident and comfortable working with numbers; with the ability to see the big picture and understand the context of the information you are working with.
Excellent communication skills are pivotal to this role with the ability to provide guidance and robust recommendations to internal stakeholders, where your exceptional stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills will enable you to influence and when necessary challenge at all levels.
You are adaptable and highly organised, being able to efficiently prioritise your work load to meet the demands of the business areas. You enjoy working with and influencing others, encouraging them to make the right decisions in line with the business/department strategy
You’ll have a good working knowledge of excel and you will be methodical and conscientious.
It is essential that you are a minimum AAT qualified, with experience in a similar role.
Please click the 'Apply' button to be redirected to our website where you can make your application.