Accounts Assistant / Business Advisor
AJ Chambers are working with a top 10 accountancy practice based in Guildford who are looking for a Trainee Accountant/Business advisor to join their team with the outlook of progressing in the near future.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain records for their clients using various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
- Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Undertake financial close procedures e.g. reconciliation of inter-company balances, ledgers, preparation of journals and schedules and prepare monthly management accounts for review
- Using Caseware produce statutory accounts for review for a variety of clients including those reporting under UK GAAP and IFRS
- Perform pentana checker and have a detailed understanding of the disclosures required
- Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
- Ability to interpret financial data, proactively present ideas and make recommendations to clients
The ideal candidate
- Work as part of a team to provide rounded accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Visit client sites when necessary
- Asks questions to check understanding, avoids assumptions and delivers to expectations
- Proactively seeks knowledge and skills relevant to the role and client needs
- Updates manager regularly with progress reports and delivers work accurately and promptly
- Efficiently delivers service in order to ensure best value for the client whilst maintaining quality
- Has an up to date LinkedIn profile
- Actively develops a network of professional contacts and attends relevant events Personal
- Well organised and planned
- Committed to delivering what is requested and informs superiors of any issues at a early stage
- Has strong time keeping discipline
- Listens to and acts on the advice of others
- Works well in a team
- Proactive in managing own learning and development and knowledge sharing with the team
- Is able to prioritise and manage tasks set
- Is open to feedback from others
- Supports junior members of the team as appropriate
- AAT qualified
- Wanting to start studying ACCA
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting packages (Xero, Quickbooks)
If you believe you posses many of the above attributes and that you would be a great fit for this role, please apply direct or contact Ben Bennett at AJ Chambers.
Trainee Accountant/Business Advisor - Guildford