An internationally renowned business, specialising in medical devices are now seeking a dynamic and commercially minded Financial Controller, to lead the UK Finance team and play an integral role in the business.
Our client is a global, multibillion medical device manufacturer, specialising in dentistry. World leading in its field and delivering a world-class portfolio of high performance products through exceptional service and a long history of innovation and technical excellence. Currently seeking a Financial Controller to join their Stevenage office and play an integral role in the business as well as have the ability to make a difference.
Financial close and reconciliation process:
Review of contracts and terms and conditions
- Ensure that contracts are in place and correct accounting in terms of revenue and cost recognition is applied
- Review significant business plans/tenders to ensure accounting implications/tax issues are being considered
- Review significant financial solution (i.e. rental, leasing) or credit actions and define path forward in conjunction with regional controller
- Coordinate with the finance manager to ensure that revenue recognition is correctly reflected in estimates and understood in actuals
- Ensure all standard contracts/contract templates are subject to annual review
- Control environment
- Ensure that all frameworks and flowcharts are kept updated
- Ensure that all key controls are executed as described
The successful Financial Controller:
This is a great opportunity to further your skills and experience, and with the relatively small size of the accounts team, be able to have an impact on operations. Once established in the role, there could also be the opportunity for an element of flexible working (e.g. working from home).
Additional benefits include; a generous pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, access to Employee Assistance Program, Death in Service and an impressive sickness policy.