AJ Chambers are currently working alongside a well-respected firm of chartered accountants, based within Attleborough, who are seeking a capable Client Manager.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients, providing high quality compliance services for a range of private clients.
- Fully accountable for the provision of accounting services including corporate and personal tax returns and special services for a portfolio of clients with annual fees of £150k
- Supervise and control completion of audit assignments including assessing internal controls, systems and planning.
- Review and produce VAT returns as required; provide an in depth knowledge and advice service to clients.
- Liaise with clients for debt recovery as required.
- Manage a portfolio of clients.
- Manage client relationships and identify opportunities for additional services.
- Display a confident, accurate and reliable accounting knowledge when interacting with clients, presenting ideas and implementing strategies.
- Review and finalise client???s records, file sections and cross referencing schedules.
- Review and finalise completed work programmes and administration paperwork.
- Attend client???s premises and assist with audit when required.
- Review completed VAT return forms, communicate with client when VAT return is complete and submit to HMRC.
- Review prepared self-assessment tax returns, business and partnership tax returns to include detailed capital gains computations and preparation of schedules of income from property.
- Review information processed on a computerised tax soft software to produce returns and calculations above.
- Review P11D, payroll processed on behalf of clients to strict deadlines, submitted FPS and EPS as required.
- Ensure effective communication systems between management and staff are established and disseminated to all staff in the company to ensure coherence and a positive team spirit.
- Conduct annual appraisals and quarterly reviews for all direct reports.
- Actively manage direct reports in respect of holiday, sickness and general day-to-day management.
- Monitor and encourage improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Undertake appropriate training to ensure CPD criteria is met.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience working within an accountancy practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- ACA/ACCA/AAT Qualified
- Experience of portfolio management and supervision of staff
- A confident team player
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to communicate effectively with Partners & Juniors as appropriate
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Client Manager - Attleborough