Interim Head of Finance & Commercial
The Interim Head of Finance & Commercial will play a critical part in creating a best in class Finance function, driving the development and growth of the Business Unit, working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
A large organisation based in the Suffolk area
- Business Partner to the Director of the Business Unit providing commercial leadership and constructive challenge to support the business plans.
- Focus on driving the growth of the portfolio and the wider business including the development of commercial pricing proposals alongside the Business Unit Director
- Proactively establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers (both current and prospective) including the Finance, Procurement and Legal teams.
- Lead contract negotiations ensuring the appropriate balance of risk and reward is maintained.
- Responsible for the overall financial and commercial management and control of the business unit portfolio including internal reporting and forecasting.
- Member of the business unit management team with considerable involvement and influence in management decision-making.
- Identify and initiate profit improvement initiatives.
- Develop and support the delivery of the business 3-year business plan.
- Take a central role in new business projects and start-ups in a dynamic business development environment.
- Lead, motivate and develop the finance teams within the Business Unit.
- Fully Qualified and experienced Accountant.
- Commercially focused and results driven.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding.
- Strong networking ability and sophistication to build strategic relationships with customers.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Robust, resilient and diplomatic.
- Capacity to deal with a wide range of stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- A proactive, energetic, pragmatic leader with strong people and relationship skills.
- Comfortable operating in a management environment that is open and honest, lean, informal, dynamic and sometimes 'hands-on'.
- Hardworking and able to work in a collaborative way.
Highly competitive day rate.
Strong large organisation exposure