Finance Business Partner
This is a fantastic opportunity for a CCAB (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) qualified accountant to join the University as it goes through a continued period of success and growth.
The University of South Wales is one of the largest universities in the UK, offering students excellent opportunities and prospects.
The University prides itself on being;
We are the employers' partner: working closely with professional bodies and leading organisations who employ our graduates.
Our research has a visible impact: providing solutions to problems that affect society and the economy.
We are leaders in using simulation-based teaching, meaning our students learn about their chosen profession in hands-on environments that recreate the workplace.
The University of South Wales provides contemporary courses designed to meet the needs of various industries.
The University currently has campuses located in Cardiff, Pontypridd, Newport and Dubai and its Finance team has grown from strength to strength over the last 5 years to meet the ever increasing demands on the University.
What a great time for a CCAB qualified Accountant to be joining one of the UK's largest Universities. Never have we seen more need for commercial business acumen than now.
The Finance Business Partner will play an integral role within the University and will ensure that the strategic objectives in the Faculties and Corporate Divisions are met to strive towards the University's vision of becoming;
"The University of choice in Wales and beyond, for students, organisations and communities who value vocationally-focused education and applied research, which provides solutions to problems that affect society and the economy."
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To liaise with Faculties and Corporate Departments on all aspects of financial management reporting with a particular emphasis on:
- Support for budget setting
- Review of monthly results against budget
- Determination of forecast outturn adjustments as necessary
- Review, challenge and support for investment appraisals
- To raise the profile of the University Finance Department throughout the University developing a comprehensive and value adding business support mechanism for Faculties and Corporate Departments aimed at improving decision making throughout the University and where appropriate the University Group.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement aimed at improving commercial awareness, budget scrutiny, cost control and income generation
- Develop appropriate costing methodologies and coach and mentor Faculty and Corporate Departments in their use
- Develop and introduce for University wide application a common language for financial management and reporting including definitions and metrics appropriate to Departments and Faculties but linked to overall strategic objectives.
- Manage the month end report pack production process
Lets get things straight, achieving excellence commences by hirig exceptional staff.
As a Fully Qualified Accountant holding either ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA, you will be able to demonstrate delivering excellence in your career to date.
- You will have the ability to challenge, sense check and support Faculties and Corporate Departments and an ability to articulate operational ideas financially
- An ability to present to, communicate, negotiate and challenge a broad range of stakeholders
- An ability to persuade and influence staff from other business areas
- You will have excellent attention to detail coupled with an understanding of wider university strategic issues.
- You will be able to demonstrate communicating new ideas, drive change and a culture of continuous improvement
- Have strong technical skills together with an ability to communicate complex ideas to non-financial staff
- The ability to engage with key stakeholders to develop a rigorous approach to budget management while understanding the broader strategic view of issues, working actively to improve the effective use of resources within the University.
- You will have relevant skill and experience of business partnering ideally gained in a large or complex organisation.
- The ability to communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders is key
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting in a devolved structure and the management of business planning in a changing external environment.
- Experience of project and investment appraisal including the development and use of modelling techniques.
A very competitive salary on the scale of £42036 - £48,677 per annum.
Additionally, the role boasts 35 days annual leave + extra University close days AND 8 bank holiday. So c49 days a year!!! not only that, the University are offering up one of the best pensions currently in the market.
Please note the Michael Page are acting as the Exclusive agent on this assignment and all 3rd party CV's will be sent to Michael Page for review.
1st round interviews will be conducted by Michael Page via "Hinterview", our live, 2 way interviewing tool (similar to Skype or Facetime). This interview will be recorded and shared with the client as well as your CV for Shortlisting for Final stage interview to be held at the Campus in Pontypridd.