Management Accountants (X2 full-time post & X1 Fixed-Term post)
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
There are three full time Management Accountant roles being recruited to, two permanent posts and one fixed term post (9-12months maternity cover) as a result of a small restructure to the team and from vacancies being created by current post holders moving on and going on maternity leave.
The three roles are all based within the Corporate Finance team. The Corporate Finance team plays a major role in supporting effective management of the Council’s finances. Corporate Finance consists of the following functions: Financial and Technical Accounting and Reporting; Financial & Performance Monitoring; Financial Systems and Financial Processes; Process Improvement and Banking Arrangements.
The main activities of the team comprise of the following: -
- Developing the Council's Medium Term Financial Strategy
- Setting of the budget and council tax requirement
- Collection fund monitoring and accounting
- Management of the closing process, Statement of Accounts Production and external audit
- Taxation matters
- Change and Transformation projects
- Finance System and ledger management, transaction processing
- Submission of government and other returns
We are looking for a well organised, dynamic and self-motivated accountant. Previous experience of Local Government and corporate finance work is preferable however is not required as support and training will be provided.
- To assist in the budget setting process; production of Business Plans, Medium Term Financial Plan and budget.
- To assist in the budget monitoring and reporting processes; production of a consolidated financial position and Annual Accounts.
- To manage the preparation and completion of statutory and non-statutory returns, Freedom of Information requests, grant claims and other returns in line with agreed guidelines and timelines.
- To provide a professional and customer focused finance service to a range of customers in providing financial information, analysis, advice, guidance and training, including taxation advice and matters.
- To assist in finance system and ledger management activities and ensure the accurate recording of transactions.
- Able to work independently and flexibly in a changing and evolving environment responding quickly to conflicting workloads and changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and establish positive relationships with colleagues in a way that creates, confidence, credibility and trust and, be able to demonstrate ability to listen and tactfully understand other people/service problems and /or issues.
- Ability to question and challenge existing practices, review and evaluate internal and external factors to create and develop new and workable ideas to enhance the customer experience and overcome problems and/or improve performance not limited by defined policy. Ability to think laterally and creatively to generate realistic and workable solutions.
- Ability to identify and / or interpret any changes in statute, legislation, regulations, local and national policy initiatives, industry development and evaluate the impact and effect on the service department and / or finance.
You will ideally be part qualified accountant.
Essential for the Role
Experience of working in a finance team.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position, please contact Jenotha Ragavan on 0208 583 2383.
Closing date for applications is Friday 31 May 2019.
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 10 June 2019.
Please click the 'apply' button for more information and to apply. Search for ‘Management Accountants’ under keywords.
More searches like this
- Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)
- Financial Director Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)
- Management Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)
- Forensic Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)