Superb opportunity to join this leading Midlands business.
FTSE 250 Midlands business.
To provide assurance to the Group by performing business process reviews, providing business reports and supporting risk management. The role requires some UK travel.
Scope: The Assurance arm of the Finance Group team is responsible for providing project accounting and risk management to the Group. The wider responsibilities of the Finance Group Services team include statutory accounts reporting, taxation, treasury, insurance and service centres delivering management accounting, payments processing and payroll services.
- Business Process Reviews
- Visit Divisional offices and developments to carry out a review of the operations, finance and commercial activities within each Division and produce a concise management report illustrating the findings and recommendations.
- Identify areas of business process improvement and value added
- Share best practice across the Group
- Assist in the design of the business process review programme
- Business Reporting
- Complete and produce post completion reviews
- Assist with producing monthly Executive Board papers
- Contribute to the Audit Committee Board papers
- Risk management
- Assist with the management of the Risk Register
- Assist with the Risk Management section of the Annual report
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the Group Policies and Procedures working closely with the individual policy owners
- Other Assurance
- Design and undertake targeted investigations/reviews as agreed with the Finance Director.
The successful candidate will either be currently working in External Audit or Internal Audit in Practice (NQ-2yrs PQE) or be from a practice background but currently doing an Internal Audit role in Industry. You must be a qualified Accountant as this is a feeder of talent role into the wider business. The Finance Director is looking for someone that they can move into a Divisional Financial Controller role in 2 years. Therefore the individual needs to be ambitious, enthusiastic, committed and engaging.
Excellent package on offer.