Personal Tax Senior
An award-winning Top 50 Firm have recently started recruiting for a Personal Tax Senior within their Cambridge office.
You will be dealing with a varied workload and very interesting clients.
- Requesting tax return information from clients. Working through said information and assessing the tax impact
- Reviewing information received and delegating more straightforward tax return cases and, where applicable, accounts preparation work
- Reviewing returns produced by junior staff and dealing with any outstanding points
- Preparing and generating tax returns for more complex compliance cases
- Preparing client correspondence, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Sending correspondence and tax return to client for signature; logging information sent and submitting to HMRC. Liaising with HMRC on clients??? behalf
- Informing clients of tax liabilities
- Assisting with client billing
- Attending client meetings where appropriate
- Coaching junior staff on work delegated
- Identifying tax planning opportunities as appropriate
- Assisting on tax consultancy, research projects and HMRC enquiries as required
- Regularly updating knowledge own technical knowledge via Tax section on the Intranet and other sources
The Ideal Candidate:
- ATT qualified. Keen to study CTA or already studying.
- Solid understanding of and experience in Personal Tax, particularly self-assessment, self-employment, rental income and capital gains
- Able to prepare rental statements and tax returns
- Willing to take responsibility for delivering excellent client care
- Good written and oral communication to communicate complex matters to clients and staff
- Able to work accurately with minimal supervision
- Commercial approach and able to work efficiently
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Personal Tax Senior - Cambridge