Michael Page Finance are working exclusively with an innovative manufacturing business based in Cheltenham to hire a Finance Manager in a newly created, high profile, project finance team.
Our client are an innovative, global manufacturing business based in Cheltenham. Not only can they offer a working environment that focuses on personal development but they operate flexible working.
Based in Cheltenham, the Finance Manager role sits in a newly created team and requires a qualified Accountant with a competent technical grounding. The team is multi-disciplinary so you will be working closely with BI/systems professionals. Although the role has core reporting requirements, the role is really varied and is unusual as it gives you exposure to:
- Statutory Accounts
- Management Accounting
- Finance Business Partnering (facing off with Operations, Group Finance, Divisional Finance Managers and Project teams)
- Systems - working closely with BI/MI functions, understanding and helping create new reports to drive business performance
- Owning the weekly flash forecasts and presenting these to Executive team
The successful Finance Manager will have excellent communication skills, demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines and tick the boxes below. This role will best suit an ACA/ACCA making their first move from practice, or a qualified Financial Accountant or Management Accountant from industry who wants a wider role with sight of P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and an input into change management projects.
- Qualified Accountant (preference for ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Good technical accounting knowledge and attention to detail
- Strong system skills (particularly Excel)
- Self-starter who demonstrates the ability to manage, work independently and after time, demonstrate the competence to lead the team of 6 in a Head of role
£40,000-£47,500 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits (PMI, high pension, flexible working hours, share schemes)