Group Reporting Accountant
Group Reporting Accountant - Global Manufacturing - Bristol
Leading FTSE 250 business based in Bristol - looking for a Group Reporting Accountant to join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant looking for the next step up. You will be responsible for reviewing financial and non-financial data relating to the group consolidation, which forms the basis for internal and external reporting. You'll provide assistance during the monthly Group consolidation process, such as Intragroup reconciliations and dispute resolution, and preparation of various notes to the financial statements. You will also support the management accounting team with forecasting analysis relating to central support cost centres and projects.
Manage the process for consolidating the submissions of entities across the Group, to produce a single set of consolidated financial results for the Group, by:
- Overseeing the elimination of Intragroup transactions and balances
- Eliminating investments in subsidiaries in the Investment Register
- Ensuring entities complete their submissions accurately and on time
- Dealing with any issues that arise during the month-end process
- Liaising with entities around the world to provide guidance and advice on technical accounting and Group policy requirements
- Maintaining a high-level overview of costs and provisions being booked to Restructuring, and support the Cost & Cash team as required
- Producing UK GAAP accounting records for subsidiary companies in an accurate, compliant and timely manner, ensuring the process is appropriately planned, communicated, controlled and documented as appropriate
- Acting as key contact for external auditors on Half Year and Year End audits, providing consolidation information and dealing with any queries Identifying process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with experience of consolidated reporting and proven commercial acumen. Ideally with experience of working in a Group finance function, although the client will also consider candidates looking to make their first move into industry from Practice.
Essential to the role is strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business including the senior executive team
Strong analytical skills with an ability to provide insight as well as accurate and timely reporting, with an eye for detail
Ability and drive to improve reporting processes within the group
A hardworking individual who can deliver high quality work to tight reporting deadlines and demonstrate desire to progress within the company
Able to provide insight and clear commercial thinking within the reporting team to enable the senior executive team to make informed decisions
Able to produce concise and informative reporting under tight deadlines
£45k - £50k dependant on experience, 25% bonus + Excellent overall benefits