Our client are looking for an Assistant Manager to join their Audit team in High Wycombe which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to clients.
To become part of the audit and accounts department which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients. Your time will split approximately 50% - 75% on audit work (depending on the candidate) and the remainder on offering other professional services such as accountancy, systems reviews, corporate tax and company secretarial work.
Corporate staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial service companies and a significant number of not-for-profit organisations. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time
- Seeks self development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
The successful application will support the senior management team on larger audit assignments and start building a portfolio of smaller clients to be reporting directly to the partners. The successful applicant will also have a role in the development of the more junior members of the team as well as supporting the partners on project work.
Education and experience
Applicants will be either ACA or ACCA qualified, good pass rates in the professional exams and likely have 2 years post qualification experience. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice or audit. Familiarity with electronic auditing packages and accounts preparation with CCH Accounts Production is an advantage.