AJ Chambers are currently seeking a Payroll Assistant, to join a leading-independent firm based in Basildon.
This is the ideal role for someone with experience working as part of a payroll team in practice, who is now looking to join a prestigious firm.
Payroll Assistant Responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio consisting of weekly, fortnightly, monthly and annual payrolls
- Processing of SSP, SMP, SPP and NI
- RTI reporting and CIS returns
- Setting up the auto-enrolment through various pension providers
- Calculation of tax and NIC contributions
- Reviewing the work of more junior team members, providing support and training where necessary
- Dealing effectively with client queries
- Liaising with HMRC
Payroll Assistant Requirements:
- At least 2 years??? experience in a payroll position
- Have experience of end-to-end payroll processing in a practice setting
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have good working knowledge of Auto Enrolment
- Work effectively on own initiative or as part of a team
- Have strong IT skills (intermediate excel essential)
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Jess Dodman at AJ Chambers.
Payroll Assistant - Basildon