Senior Tax Manager, In-House
Senior Tax Manager, in-house
£90-100,000 + leading benefits
(flexible working options available)
About the Business
For more than a century, this organisation has invested to build a legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a US-based bank, the Company now features a large number of international offices across EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Serving the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals/families, to the most-successful alternative investments and corporate brands. Their brand is truly leading, considering assets under custody, administration management and banking.
Between winning a long list of awards between commercial impact and staff treatment, you'll find yourself provided with ample developmental and progression opportunity in a close-knit, growing and impressive team. While the business is of a major stature, culturally speaking you can expect a smaller, family feel within the tax team, comparable to that of an SME. Though working hours will vary a little around deadlines, the general trend is very much 08:30/09:00-17:30, with a strong flexibility offering, including working from home.
Spearheaded in London by an impressive EMEA Head of Tax, the growing demand has been met with a growing need for leadership and ownership of the direct tax function.
Your role: The Senior Tax Manager, in-house
This position will hold responsibility for managing all direct taxes for business entities across the EMEA region, primarily in oversight/review capacity. Beyond working closely with the EMEA Head of Tax and managing/upskilling your direct report, key stakeholder activities will include liaising with external advisors in various locations to assist with the tax compliance process, as well as local tax authorities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing and upskilling one direct report, a Corporate Tax accountant.
- Ensuring that all Corporate Tax compliance across the EMEA region is completed on a timely and accurate basis, covering all direct tax returns and related tax payments.
- Managing and reviewing filing positions and treatment of specific revenues and expenses in the tax returns.
- Reviewing tax notes and tax working papers that support the local Financial Statements across the EMEA region.
- Overseeing the liaison with external advisors that assist with the local preparation and submission of tax returns.
- Managing and reviewing the monthly direct tax provisioning process, monthly approval process and tax related journals.
- Liaising with Head Office tax team to support the preparation of US tax return/provisions.
- Managing Corporate Tax audits.
- Researching and analysing developments in EMEA tax legislation and guidance as it impacts across the EMEA region.
- Supporting EMEA Head of Tax with respect to planning, corporate initiatives and interaction with tax authorities and industry bodies.
The successful candidate
- ACA/CTA qualified, likely trained with a top practice
- Financial services experience, with in-house experience preferred
- Direct taxation compliance experience, EMEA exposure preferred
- Experience managing developing other people
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Ability to organise, manage and prioritise work in order to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team but to be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- A commitment to tax and to remain up to date with developments in tax.
- Methodical and analytical thinking - able to see the story behind the compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate at senior levels.
Simply forward your profile and express your interest to email@example.com, to frame the initial conversation and interview preparation with Jay on 02072696343. We are working closely with this client, with a large degree of autonomy for who enters the selection process, which will take the following structure:
- Initial meeting with EMEA Head of Tax
- Video conference interview with Global Head of Tax (US based) and HR screening
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.