Are you an Audit & Accounts Senior Looking for role progression, or a Supervisor looking for new challenges and opportunities?
AJ Chambers are recruiting for a comitted Audit & Accounts senior to join their team. This practice is a top 100 firm based in Oxford.
Your role will consit of reviewing work from a mixed portfolio and deal with accounts queries. Enabling the director to focus on developing the practice and providing a consultative service to existing clients.
Main Role Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Directors and manager with planning meetings and workflow
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio (T/O up to £5million) including OMBs, construction, entertainment, retail etc.
- Review of a wide range of accounts - Limited, sole trader, partnership, LLP???s etc. Identifying and making adjustments where necessary
- Manage audits (T/O up to £20million) including planning, completion of audit work and monitoring the work of junior audit team members and completing the file for engagement director review.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Providing a management accounts service to clients to include forecasting and budgeting
- Finalising accounts under the overall control of the directors
- Supporting the team with more complex accounts work e.g. intercompany transactions, FRS102 etc
- Management, review and preparation of personal tax returns
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming their primary point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings on a regular basis
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Ensure work is completed within agreed time and budget
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close knit team
- Dealing with general incoming client queries and escalating when required
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Work with a variety of systems including - FreeAgent, Xero, IRIS, SAGE and Quickbooks
- Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects
- ACA or ACCA qualified with 3 Years + within a practice environment
- Experience to include supervising a small team, mentoring junior team members and having responsibility for managing a portfolio
- Up to date statutory accounts knowledge and sound accounting, corporate/personal tax and VAT technical knowledge is required
- Experience of preparing management accounts (to include forecasting and budgeting)
- Must possess a client focused attitude and have proven experience of building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Experience of working with a variety of clients.
- Acute sense of fine detail and the ability to analyse and solve more complex accounting queries.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Xero, SAGE, IRIS, Quickbooks and FreeAgent
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and flexible in approach
- Communication - oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptable to change
- Organised - ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Be positive and committed to THP in dealings with both clients and team member
If you have any questions or queries please contact Harry Ellis