VAT Senior Manager
AJ Chambers are representing a top 20 firm who, after a successful start to the year, are seeking a VAT Senior Manager to join their award-winning team in Central London. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced individual to join a rapidly growing firm and progress their career.
The VAT Senior Manager will be reporting directly to the Partner, providing advice to clients in all areas of VAT and act as a key figure in the VAT team.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Advise clients on VAT requirements at the appropriate level based on experience, knowledge and competency
- Act as central figure of the VAT team, ensuring delivery of the team???s work so it is completed within a specific timeframe
- Manage and nurture the VAT team, provide practical advice to and develop the junior team members
- Ensure risk to wrong advice has been managed and, where appropriate, evidenced
- Act as the right hand person to VAT partner, making sure you are available and ready to push delegated work to completion
- Delegate appropriate work to more junior team members
- Complete timesheets accurately and in a timely manner
- Build relationships with the Associate Partners, with the purpose of leveraging VAT advisory work and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Prepare technical updates to be circulated to all staff
- Aim to achieve a utilisation of 80% chargeable, when possible
- A minimum of 5 years VAT experience within a practice environment
- Experience of advising OMBs on VAT matters
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience
- Ideally possess experience of networking, business development and article writing
- Commercially aware
- Enthusiastic, with a positive, can-do attitude
For more information on this VAT Senior Manager role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.