Michael Page Treasury are recruiting for a Treasury Accountant to join a rapidly growing British electrical power generation company that specialises in renewable, reliable and affordable energy, based in North Yorkshire.
Supporting the Interim Treasury Manager to prepare, and develop Treasury information, with a strong bias towards foreign currency management and other financial derivative risks. Preparing technical accounting papers as required and reporting and designation of hedge relationships.
Proivding analytical support and cover where necessary for the other members of the team as required, in areas including treasury operations, reporting, FX and MM management dealing.
Keyresponsibilites of the Treasury Accountant include:
- Prepare and maintain technical treasury reports, valuations and hedge accounting
- Support treasury processes, reporting and systems focussing primarily on financial derivatives and technical treasury areas
- Maintain robust risk management processes and controls for all Treasury functions
- Manage, monitor and report FX exposures within the group
- Monitor treasury counterparty exposures
- Monitor collateral requirements across the Group
- Monitor interest rate exposures across the Group.
- Support facility compliance and covenant reporting
- Execute FX and Money Market deals, monitor limits and prepare related reports as required for Management reporting
- Provide cover for the other members of the Treasury team in operational, and other Treasury matters as necessary
To be considered for the Treasury Accountant position you require:
- Big4 qualified with 1year+ PQE
- Experience of foreign currency risk and associated derivatives to manage and mitigate risk
- Advanced MS Office skills, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines and adapt quickly to changing business needs
- Highly motivated, excellent communication skills and a confident decision maker
- Ability to develop good working relationships at all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Line management experience, leading by example
- Good project management skills and strong time management skills
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism, self-starter, ability to work effectively as an individual and within a team
The package on offer is circa £45,000 plus benefits.