Semi- Senior Accountant - Northampton
Our client is a fast growing Independent firm and has an opportunity for an experienced candidate with a public practice background.
We are looking for a Semi Senior who is either AAT qualified or part way through their ACCA or ICAEW exams. The role would involve preparation of accounts and related personal & corporate taxation work using Iris for a wide variety of clients, including clearance of queries, processing final accounts adjustments and ensuring the accounts and tax schedules are ready for submission once approved by the client.
You will be under partner and manager supervision and your responsibilities will include all aspects of the work done for clients including VAT and bookkeeping services for a variety of businesses from Sole Traders through to large limited companies
The firm does not have a separate tax department and training will be provided as appropriate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of accounts and related taxation work for a wide variety of clients using Iris, including Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships, ready for partner / senior review
- Clearance of queries with client prior to review
- Process final accounts adjustments subsequent to review
- Submission of accounts and tax returns to HMRC once approved by client
- Contact clients requesting books and records, in order for work to commence
- Liaison with outsourcing company regarding submission and return of jobs
- Completion of periodic client bookkeeping and VAT returns
- Contact with HMRC regarding client matters, including chasing tax repayments
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least two years’ experience working in an Accountancy Practice preparing accounts and tax computations
- Ability to pick up procedures and processes quickly
- AAT qualified or ACCA/ACA studier
- IT literate, including use of computerised systems, preferably Iris, Sage and Excel
- A sense of humour
- Good communication skills, both with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work using own initiative with little supervision, showing good organisational skills
- Ability to manage and plan workload, and prioritise
- Positive and friendly ‘can-do’ attitude
- Driving Licence and car owner
Our client adopts a pro-active attitude to dealing with their clients, providing a highly efficient and commercial service, always looking for ways to help clients. You would have a the opportunity to play a leading role in the provision of that level of service so if you feel that you can make a contribution and satisfy the requirements below then please contact us to discuss further.
You will be given a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to make a difference, as well as the chance to progress your own career.
Contact us at Wavelength
You can get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities
Apply for Accounts Semi-Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Accountant Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Market Harborough
- Accounts Assistant Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Market Harborough
- Bookkeeping Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Market Harborough
- Assistant Accountant Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Market Harborough