Temp to Perm Cost and Management Accountant
You will be joining a Start up business who currently are selling a product that is revolutionising the specific field the operate in.
This is a newly created role in the team that will further assist in its success.
My client is a Start up manufacturing business who are already having fantastic success through their revolutionary product that they have designed and manufactured.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Cost and Management Accountant is a newly created role in the team that will develop solid robust control frameworks around the costs in the business.
- Preparation and production of monthly management accounts with variance analysis and supporting commentary
- Inventory controls to include; inventory reconciliations and preparation of monthly inventory schedules
- Develop and prepare monthly KPI's
- Perform quarterly obsolescence reviews and investigate reasons for obsolescence
- Ensure accuracy and control in transactional processing within Stores
- Co-ordinate annual stock takes and regular cycle counts
- Provide inventory management support by reviewing inventory transactions and adjustments
- Challenge and measure manufacturing and purchasing effectiveness
- Ensure and maintain accurate product costs
- Support standard cost review process, and assist with Group costing activities
- Review current procedures and processes with the view to suggesting and implementing improvements
- develop strong and robust cost of sales reports.
- full cost up new products from conception through to manufacturer then sale.
Ideally you will be a fully qualified Accountant or a PQ who is very close to qualifying.
You will be able to demonstrate solid cost accounting skills ideally gained in a manufacturing business.
You will have excellent Stock and Inventory controls experience.
You will be a team player that adds value to the team and continuously looks for ways to improve.
Temp to perm opportunity starting ASAP.
Salary on the range of £35,000 - £40,000
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
flexible working on 37.5 hours a week
5% matched pension
health care (single person)