Our client are seeking an experienced payroll manager with experience in a firm of accountants or a bureau environment to oversee a team of five at their Watford office.
Our client is a well established firm with a solid history in the local area and the role is based in their Watford office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for progression and a step up from their current role, and you will be required to do the following:
- Manage a team of 5 and carry out training as and when required.
- Oversee and manage all weekly, monthly and annual payroll processing work ensuring effective and efficient workflow.
- Review and assess all internal payroll processes and procedures, and make changes that improve efficiency as and when opportunities arise.
- Manage all year-end tax procedures for all payroll clients.
- Formulate procedures to ensure client payrolls are compliant with statutory and professional regulations and that compliance to regulations is monitored and achieved.
- Maintain and review the disaster recovery plan as required.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of new client payrolls such that team members and clients are properly communicated with to ensure an accurate and timely first payroll run.
- Ensure satisfactory completion of all payroll work in line with agreed budget ensuring adherence to relevant standards and procedures.
- Ensure provision and sending of payroll client bills in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee P11D completion process on an annual basis.
- Ensure your own technical capabilities and training are kept up to the required level.
- Candidates with a solid payroll history in a relevant area will be considered for this role, you will also have excellent communication skills and strong IT skills, Excel and STAR payroll would be advantageous.