Management Accountants (X3 full-time post & X1 Part time post)
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We are moving to a new landmark building in April 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
There are four Management Accountant roles being recruited to, three full time and one part time, as a result of a restructure to the team and also vacancies being created by current post holders moving on. The roles are all service facing so will involve liaising with budget and service managers including those responsible for Governance, Corporate Property, ICT and Environmental Services. Previous experience of Local Government is not required as support and training will be given. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a new team within the wider finance service at London Borough of Hounslow as we move toward providing an analysis and challenge focused service.
- To provide a professional and customer focused finance service to a range of customers in providing financial information, analysis, advice, guidance and training.
- To manage the budget setting process and assist with the production of Business Plans, Medium Term Financial Plan and future budgets
- To manage the budget monitoring process and assist in the production of a consolidated financial position for the Council.
- To manage the preparation and completion of statutory and non-statutory returns, Freedom of Information requests, grant claims and other returns in line with agreed guidelines.
- Able to work independently and flexibly in a changing and evolving environment responding quickly to conflicting workloads and changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and establish positive relationships with colleagues in a way that creates, confidence, credibility and trust and, be able to demonstrate ability to listen and tactfully understand other people/service problems and /or issues.
- Ability to question and challenge existing practices, review and evaluate internal and external factors to create and develop new and workable ideas to enhance the customer experience and overcome problems and/or improve performance not limited by defined policy. Ability to think laterally and creatively to generate realistic and workable solutions.
- Ability to identify and / or interpret any changes in statute, legislation, regulations, local and national policy initiatives, industry development and evaluate the impact and effect on the service department and / or finance.
Essential for the Role
Experience of working in a finance team.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Anna.email@example.com or 020 8583 3276
Please click the 'apply' button for more information and to apply. Search for ‘Management Accountants’ under keywords.
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 6th May 2019.
More searches like this
- Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)
- Financial Director Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)
- Management Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)
- Forensic Accountant Public sector / NGO Fully qualified jobs in London (West)