Mixed Tax Manager
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a well-established top 40 firm who are based near excellent travel links in London. The firm is ideally seeking someone CTA qualified, but is also considering someone with significant experience in both corporate and personal tax, within a practice environment.
As a Mixed Tax Manager, you will have your own portfolio of clients and will be supported by Tax Seniors and Tax Juniors. Reporting will be directly to the Tax Partners.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Review of corporation tax computations and LLP income tax computations prepared by the accounts/audit team for corporate clients in your portfolio
- Preparation/review of personal tax returns for a portfolio of individuals
- Preparation/review of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses
- First point of contact for own portfolio of clients
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns
- Working with the partners on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects (for example, restructuring/reorganisations, remuneration planning, incorporations, share buy-backs, R&D tax credits, EMI schemes, EIS and SEIS applications)
- Assisting the partners with research into other technical areas
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate client portfolio
- Training and supervision of junior team members, including involvement in the appraisal process
- Involvement in management of the team
- Preparation of invoices for clients
The firm is seeking someone who has practical tax knowledge including a range of advisory experience and can demonstrate experience of both managing a portfolio and delegating work.
Ideally the successful candidate will be CTA qualified, however the firm is also considering ACA/ACCA qualified individuals who have substantial experience within tax.
For more information on this Mixed Tax Manager role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.