Corporate Tax Manager
Corporate Tax Manager
The firm provide a range of accounting, audit, taxation, probate, bookkeeping and payroll services to a diverse portfolio of clients.
As well as SMEs (small to medium-sized enterprises), we also look after the business concerns of very small entities such as sole-traders and partnerships as well as the affairs of some large businesses with much more complex, technical requirements.
Our Tax team is currently recruiting for a CTA qualified manager with extensive tax experience and with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience. The successful candidate will work alongside the current tax partners on a range of work including corporate tax compliance and advisory, HMRC interventions, VAT advisory, employment / share scheme advisory and compliance, restructurings and a variety of valuation reports for both fiscal and divorce purposes.
The following list of responsibilities is not designed to be exclusive, but serves to illustrate the scope of the role.
- Corporation tax reviews on year end files
- Dealing with the firm???s fee protection offering, including pricing and provider and making of claims / agreeing fees with the insurer
- Assisting clients through HMRC interventions on CT, PAYE, VAT
- Advisory on capital allowances
- Advisory on corporate restructuring including advance clearances from HMRC
- R&D claims
- Advisory and implementation of share schemes
- Compliance relating to share transactions (forms 40 / 42 etc)
- VAT - Advisory work, Registrations / changes to registrations, Implementation of VAT during transactions
- Involvement in productising, marketing and selling services to clients
- Development of new revenue streams for the firm relating to tax services
- Providing basic training to new staff members / existing staff on new issues
- Strong technical knowledge of corporate tax and able to apply the rules to client circumstance
- At least awareness level of knowledge on VAT / Employment tax issues
- Able to take a holistic view of client circumstances, not ???advising in a vacuum???
- Interpersonal skills to enable positive staff and client interaction
- Willing and able to adapt to sector developments and emerging issues in tax
The hours are 37.5 per week but we operate a partial flexible system. This consists of a basic set of core hours which the individual can flex around. 33 days??? holiday (including bank holidays).