Management Accountant (12 month fixed term contract)
Harrison Catering Services Ltd are a privately owned contract catering business with a turnover in excess of £55 million and over 2000 employees across the UK. They are looking to appoint a Management Accountant to join their finance team on a 12 month fixed term contract, covering maternity leave.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller this is a pivotal role where you will provide financial support to both the finance team and the wider business. In this role you will manage one Accounts Assistant and be responsible for monthly management accounts production for multiple catering contracts. You will provide the business with key financial information, so this can be used to monitor and improve business performance.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Be the key finance contact for a number of regional managers (MCS) to include production of monthly management accounts and customer invoices
- Reviewing site trading accounts and provide variance analysis and commentary to MCS
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for group schools accounts
- Managing fixed assets including all purchase invoices, maintaining the fixed asset register, reconciliations and national statistics data
- Managing the group office accounting system
- Manage the budget preparation for Group MCS, ensuring once complete that they are correct, then compile and import into system
- Supporting the review & validation of weekly bookwork from site, to include purchase invoices, stock values, site cash reconciliations, accruals & prepayments and document retention
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and unit managers to resolve queries
- Assisting with weekly BACS and internet payment processes
- Comply with all statutory and company health and safety practices and procedures
- Adhere to all company rules, regulations, policies, procedures and provisions of contract
- Provide support and cover for other members of the finance team as necessary
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious and professionally qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA) or Finalist. You will have sound finance experience as well as strong IT skills in Microsoft programs. The Management Accountant will be a team player, possessing good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work demands and perform well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have good attention to detail, whilst working with minimal supervision. The Management Accountant will be flexible in their approach to work and be prepared to support other broader accounting responsibilities including working with senior members across the organisation.
In return Harrison are offering the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- High street and online discount scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
If this opportunity is of interest and you would like to be part of the ambitious team at Harrison, then please click apply now with your up-to-date CV.
For more information about the role and organisation please visit their dedicated recruitment website – hays.co.uk/jobs/Harrison-catering or contact Luke Dickinson who is the retained consultant working in partnership with Harrison.
Please note: The successful candidate will have to go through an Enhanced DBS security check
*All third party & direct applicants will be forwarded directly to Luke Dickinson at Hays Senior Finance to be screened as part of the recruitment process*
More searches like this
- Accountant Manufacturing & Engineering Newly qualified jobs in Thame
- Management Accountant Manufacturing & Engineering Newly qualified jobs in Thame
- Financial Analyst Manufacturing & Engineering Newly qualified jobs in Thame
- Finance Business Partner Manufacturing & Engineering Newly qualified jobs in Thame