Practice Accountant - Partner Designate
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are seeking Practice Accountant - Partner Designate for a dynamic practice based in Cardiff.
Can you effectively and confidently sit in front of clients and effectively be the face of a growing professional services group? My client offering includes Accountancy and Tax, Business Consultancy. They are looking for an exceptional, practice-trained accountant who can effectively take control of an existing portfolio of clients and offer them the highest level of service. As part of the management team, you will have responsibility for managing and developing all aspects of running a varied client portfolio of private tax clients and owner managed businesses, principally Limited companies. You will have the opportunity to:
* Research and advise on technical issues (internally and externally).
* Build knowledge of tax planning opportunities that exist for SMEs and their owners.
* Build new business development skills.
* Ensure that services are provided to a high professional standard.
* Oversee the scheduling and workflows to ensure compliance with deadlines and targets.
* Report directly to the Directors.
* Highlight any delivery issues and suggest approach to rectify.
* Preparation & submission of statutory accounts, corporation and personal tax returns, VAT & PAYE returns, etc.
* Liaise with clients on salient matters.
* Undertake tax planning for both personal and corporate clients to ensure optimal tax solutions.
* Manage and develop team members.
* Review monthly billing and make sure that the team is hitting monthly targets.
* Work with the Directors and Business Development Manager to build up a new and existing client base. What you need:
* ACA or ACCA qualified
* 3 + years' experience managing a team and a portfolio of clients.
* Strong knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements of accounts preparation and company and personal tax returns.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business owners.
* Confidence to research answers to technical queries and present solutions to the Directors and clients.
* Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
* High attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to manage priorities and re-negotiate if necessary.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team on urgent issues, and the ability to provide guidance and assistance in effecting solutions
Salary & Benefits
£45000 to £55000 plus an exceptional benefits package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice