AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a well established 5 partner firm based in Harrow.
The client likes to promote from within and will offer progression routes for the right candidate.
This is an unmissable opportunity for an ambitious accountant, to step up into a role that offers internal progression and client interaction.
Previous accountancy practice experience is essential.
- Preparation of Year-end Accounts and Management Accounts for sole traders, limited companies and LLPs
- Bookkeeping to include adding receipts, generating invoices, reconciling accounts for clients
- Quarterly VAT Returns - requesting information, compiling returns, obtaining client authorisation and entering onto HMRC online
- Helping clients with VAT and PAYE Registrations
- Prepare non-audit accounts (LLPs and limited companies) for review by a manager
- Carry out ad hoc Audit tasks by themselves (e.g. stock counts, client money audits etc.)
- Assist senior staff on larger more complex accounts and audit assignments
The Ideal Candidate:
- Close to qualifying ACCA /ACCA qualified, with 1-2 years??? experience or AAT qualified with 3-4 years??? accounts and audit experience at a small to medium sized firm
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite particularly word/excel
- Good general VAT experience
- Good communicator as client liaison is very important.
- Able to work well as part of a team Able to understand and follow instructions given by senior members of staff/ managers/ directors
- Able to organise and prioritise their workload
- A motivated individual
For further information on the Assistant Accountant position, please apply direct or contact Ben Bennett from AJ Chambers