Accounts Assistant - Cambridge
Robert Half are currently working with high growth technology business who are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for a 12 month contract. Our Client offers innovative technology as well as creating solutions to connect businesses globally.
Our Client requires a strong team player with a high level of integrity and an ability to focus in on the detail to deliver high standards of work.
Day to day duties of The Management Accountant will include but not be limited to:
- Posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Updates receivables by daily receipts record.
- Deal with credit control, remittance and queries arising
- Investigating account discrepancies by liaising with other group departments
- Resolves authorised RMA's by preparing documentation for senior management to provide final credit authorisation.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line.
- Prepare the weekly cash receivable forecasting
- Process credit insurance applications and run regular company checks to ensure correct insurance levels are maintained on customer accounts.
- Review and where applicable release orders from Customer block list
- Preparation subsequent follow up of monthly Direct Debit run
- Assist in Ad Hoc projects to further development of the department as required
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with key customers and suppliers
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly tasks related to banking and reconciliations as required.
- Other analytical and review tasks as required to balance time and deliverables across the finance team. This may include all aspects of the accounts payable role on a regular basis.
Accounts Receivable duties would include, but not limited to manage customer accounts; contacting customers via phone in pursuit of payment on accounts. While ensuring the highest level of customer service, you will research and respond to all internal and external questions on Accounts Receivable.
The ideal candidate Profile:
- Significant accounts Receivable experience
- Ability to work proactively with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues
- Strong organisational skills
- Accounts Payable experience preferable
- Working on multi-company ledgers using one system (desirable)
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Competency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, is essential
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple activity streams and to meet strict deadlines is necessary
- Ability to build relationships with people of all levels both within the organisation and externally with customers and to use these relationships to deliver exceptional results.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements (desirable)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Salary & Benefits
£25,000 Per Annum Fixed Term Contract + Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice