Robert Half are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to work for a well known business based in Goole.
Minimum of 1 years finance experience, strong communication skills and excellent IT skills including Excel are required. Ideally part qualified with excellent time management skills.
This business has a temporary position available for a year covering maternity leave.
As an Assistant Accountant, your key responsibilities will be:
- Produce management accounts, including accruals and prepayments of costs.
- Supporting the senior/managing accountant and wider finance team.
- Performing reconciliations of accounts.
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods.
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate.
- Perform monthly bank, credit card and balance sheet reconciliations, including inter-company reconciliations.
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets.
- Preparing VAT return.
- Taking minutes in meetings and other administrative duties
- Assisting with month end.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum 1 years' experience working within an accounts department.
- Have extensive experience with high volumes of work.
- Strong understanding of prepayments and accruals.
Company and Salary
- Up to £23,000 dependent on experience
- Modern Offices
The successful candidate will need to have great organisational skills, a keen eye for accuracy having previously worked within an office environment, be familiar with accounting processes and have strong Excel knowledge working with V lookups and pivot tables.
For further enquiries please contact Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice