Assistant Management Accountant
This business has a temporary to permanent position available for an Assistant Management Accountant.
As the Assistant Management Accountant your duties will be:
- Preparation and production of accurate monthly management accounts
- Highlighting key financial issues through strong analysis and financial support
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments covering, but not limited to revenues, un-invoiced accruals, credit note reserves, access costs, direct costs and overhead journals
- Preparation of strong, relevant and timely variance analysis
- Accurate production of balance sheets and ensure of effective controls are in place
- Production and management of an accurate weekly flash report ensuring results are understood, discussed with stakeholders and supported by strong analysis with key issues communicated
- Production and management of the monthly financial reporting packs and scorecards, with the business performance understood, communicated to the business and supported by strong, effective and relevant analysis
- Providing key management information, in a timely, accurate and consistent manner, which would include, but is not limited to customer trading, costs analysis, product and customer margin reports
- Production of the forecast and budget processes to agreed timetables ensuring these achieve the set Group timetable and standards. It involves identifying commercial risks and opportunities and challenging senior stakeholders
- Produce ad hoc analysis to support emerging trends which facilitates validation on the financial plans
- Identify process improvements and implement where appropriate
- Involvement in projects and planning where appropriate
- Providing ad hoc support to Senior Finance staff and Execs as and when required.
The ideal Assistant Management Accountant will:Have previous officer experience in a busy working environmentHave experience dealing with high volumes of workBe able to work well within a teamHave excellent written and verbal communication skillsPart qualified or qualified through experience
Company and Salary
Modern OfficesUp to £15 hourly rates depending on experience
The successful candidate will need to have great organisational skills, a keen eye for accuracy having previously worked within an office environment, be familiar with accounting processes and have strong Excel knowledge working with V lookups and pivot tables.
For further enquiries please contact Robert Half.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice