Head of Financial Accounts
A far reaching central government organisation based in Leeds city centre whose work impacts the lives of everyone within the UK. A high profile Head of Financial Accounts based in Leeds, but with national impact.
A far reaching central government organisation based in Leeds city centre whose work impacts the lives of everyone within the UK.
As Head of Financial Accounts you will use your accountancy skills within a diverse finance team responsible for a wide range of functions, including:
* Delivering the Annual Report and Accounts including production of the Consolidated Group Accounts
* Leadership of the Accounting Policy Centre of Excellence
Key areas of delivery will include:
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key senior stakeholders both internal and external.
- Prepare briefings for senior managers on technical accounting issues, including the accounting implications of various business proposals.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the organisation and over 400 separate entities.
- Lead on a variety of one-off finance projects as and when they arise
- Develop overall capability of the team, champion smart and lean ways of working to ensure effective delivery and development of staff.
To be successful as Head of Financial Accounts you will need to be Fully Qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA ) or equivalent with significant post qualified experience including the following:
* Experience of leading the delivery of financial year-end activities
* An appreciate of the political, economic and technical factors which will impact on the work of the team.
* Excellent communication skills in dealing with a large range of stakeholders
* High degree of organisation skills to manage competing priorities and deliver successfully through the team.
Salary of c.£60,000 with a pension scheme in excess of 22% employer contributions
Generous holiday allowance, flexi-time, a strong investment in their learning and development, opportunities to work on a variety of exciting projects and ample opportunity for career progression.