Michael Page has been engaged by a growing family owned manufacturing business in Lincolnshire to find a talented Financial Controller.
Our client is a Manufacturing and engineering business with a broad base of clients across the UK and even internationally. The organisation has specific relationships, reputation and technology to keep them ahead of the market and they are looking to invest into the Finance function to support better commercial decision making.
The Financial Controller will oversee the finance function for two key businesses within the group and act as the number one in finance. You will work closely with the MD and CEO to deliver both accurate and timely management accounts information but to support the strategic direction of the business and the decisions that have been made.
The key duties that will be undertaken:
* Drive the company's financial strategy to optimise performance and profitability.
* Oversight, leadership and development of the finance function - a team of 5
* Provision of financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
* Lead the foreign currency planning and hedging/FX process
* Implement new financial and non-financial policies to minimise risk and exposure.
* Statutory accounts preparation and year-end audit package.
* Building sustainable relationships with non finance stakeholders including procurement, production, trading and contract management.
In order to thrive in this environment, my client is ideally looking for someone with a Manufacturing background who has worked within another large business previously in a leadership capacity in finance. The business will be looking for:
* A professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) finance professional with leadership expertise
* An exceptional communicator and someone who is willing to challenge the status quo
* Knowledge of the FX/ Currency hegding process
* A rounded finance professional from within the manufacturing sector
* A track-record in a Financial Controller or number one position
You will be given a competitive base salary with excellent benefits.
Ultimately, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to earn the Finance Director title.