Group Financial Controller
Robert Half is delighted to be working exclusively with an industry leading business displaying exceptional historic growth and ambitious future plans. Based in Plymouth, this is a unique opportunity for an accomplished Group Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of successfully leading a finance team at Financial Controller or Finance Manager level. They will not only have the ability to drive ongoing improvements and maintain a tight control environment but will also inspire the team. For the right person this position will offer a strong prospect of promotion to Finance Director in the longer term.
The Group Financial Controller will ensure an efficient and effective finance department, robust financial control environment and a high level of assurance that the numbers are correct and de-risked.
The post-holder will be responsible for the group's central finance and revenue reconciliation teams, which deliver management accounting, payroll, payroll taxes compliance, VAT compliance, purchase ledger, staff expenses, revenue accounting, payaway calculations, banking, cash forecasting and management and revenue reconciliation
In particular, the post-holder will ensure that nominals are reconciled, reviewed, understood and timely corrective actions taken. In a fastmoving environment, the post-holder will identify and mitigate against evolving and new risks to the robustness of the numbers through implementing mitigating actions and controls. Where appropriate, the post-holder will work with the wider business to ensure that risks emanating from operations are addressed and resolved.
The Group FC will get underneath the numbers and be able to articulate financial performance. Trends will be identified and recharges applied in line with group policy. The Group FC will ensure that the numbers are appropriate both across the group and within individual entities.
The group's strategy is to expand significantly through acquisitions. Embracing and managing change and constantly driving improvements and efficiencies will therefore be key to ensuring that growth is successfully handled. People coaching and development will also be important to ensure the team evolves to meet the changing needs of the group.
The post-holder will liaise and interact with the wider business to ensure that information feeds into the numbers are correct, provided efficiently and on time, and in turn that the team understands the needs of internal colleagues and provides relevant, insightful, timely information which adds value.
The role will include liaison with external experts as required.
The postholder will be responsible for owning, leading or contributing to a number of strategic projects, ensuring on-time and effective delivery. This role will include some travelling and overnight stays within the UK.
Competitive salary and benefits package
To enquire, learn more or apply for this vacancy please contact a member of the Robert Half on 01392 341130. Alternately, please apply within this advert with a fully updated
Key Duties (List is not exhaustive):
- Accountability, oversight and review of management accounts, including consolidated accounts.
- Ensures accurate underlying accounting and tax records, which are compliant with GAAP.
- Development, implementation and assessment of robust financial environment.
- Manages and reviews VAT returns and compliance.
- Manages and reviews payroll and related tax compliance.
- Ensures revenue and advisor costs are calculated, accounted for correctly and trends understood and communicated
- Treasury management - including forecasting and analysis of cashflows.
- Bank relationship and reporting.
- Manages efficient purchase ledger and staff expenses processes.
- Efficient integration of acquisitions.
- Oversees preparation of companies for closure.
- Insightful KPI and performance monitoring.
- Management, coaching and team development.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead and contribute to projects.
- Maintains technical accounting skills.
- Liaise with, understand and support the wider business
Personal Skills & Experience:
- A recognised professional accounting qualification: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with strong post qualified experience.
- Significant experience as a finance manager.
- Strong technical accounting skills.
- Strong understanding and experience of maintaining an effective and robust control environment.
- Experience of VAT and payroll taxes.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Strong academic record.
- Evidence of continued Professional Development.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package
To enquire, learn more or apply for this vacancy please contact a member of the Robert Half team on 01392 341130. Alternately, please apply within this advert with a fully updated
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Group Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly