Ministry of Defence, Deputy Head Fraud Defence – Operations
Fraud Defence is the central counter-fraud function for the MOD. It takes the strategic lead for fraud, corruption and other economic crime matters across Defence, it represents the MOD as the victim of fraud and drives the MOD’s coordinated response to fraud. Fraud Defence provides subject expertise to inform risk decisions by Defence senior stakeholders on fraud & corruption; is the single reporting gateway for economic crime and whistleblower concerns, undertakes investigations and coordinates training and awareness.
The team’s work is high profile and demanding, and requires highly motivated and talented individuals to support the continuous improvement of MOD’s counter fraud and corruption maturity. The work is challenging and varied but is extremely rewarding, and provides an excellent insight into the workings of the MOD as a department of state.
The team is risk and intelligence led, driving innovative solutions to fraud and corruption challenges.
Collaboration is at the heart of how we work. The team works closely with a wide range of diverse stakeholders across MOD, UK Government, across Defence Industry and internationally.
Fraud Defence requires an experienced Deputy Head to lead and develop its operational counter fraud work, leading the MOD’s Confidential Hotline and Investigation teams to deliver excellence. You will be based in London, but operating across the UK.
The position will provide the successful candidate with excellent experiences across a range of SCS Competencies and therefore provide a good spring board for promotion.
The following experience and skills are highly desirable:
- You will be an accountant with deep forensic experience.
- You will be an inclusive leader, embracing challenge and diversity of thought to achieve the best outcomes for MOD.
- The role will be a high profile and demanding one. It is desirable that you are a qualified accountant (Chartered or Certified) with at least 5 years forensic accounting experience. The key skills and experience required are:
- Deep experience of fraud, corruption, whistleblower and ethics investigations in a corporate or government environment;
- Deep experience of building and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships;
- Being confident and comfortable with working under your own initiative and taking the lead in complex matters; and
- Very good written and oral communications required.
You should ensure that, when demonstrating your behaviours, you use examples that relate to your experience of investigating fraud, corruption or unethical behaviour.
Please click the 'Apply' button to make your application.
Contact point for applicants
Samantha des Forges
Tel: 0207 218 1984
Sift/interview dates and location
Sifts to take place w/c 21/01/2019 and Interviews to take place in February 2019
Applicants should monitor their Civil Service Jobs application centre regularly for updates.
Apply for Ministry of Defence, Deputy Head Fraud Defence – Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly