Accounts Payable Manager
A market leading supply chain and logistics company based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire are seeking an Accounts Payable Manager on a permanent basis. Supplying logistics management to brands around the world, this business approaches all their solutions with flexibility, innovation and a willingness to take risks.
The Accounts Payable Manager position, based in their head office in Hemel Hempstead, is primarily to manage the Accounts Payable function for the UK&I, providing management and support to 8 assistants and 2 team leaders other responsibilities include;
- Supervision of AP team to ensure smooth running of UK and Ireland Accounts Payable ledger, and accurate and timely processing and payment of invoices and credit notes
- Oversee weekly payment runs in GBP, EUR and USD, and review amounts payable to cash forecasts
- Ensure the AP team regularly reconcile supplier statements and differences are investigated
- Monitor open items reports and supplier queries to ensure AP team are resolving promptly and assist where necessary
- Arrange/attend meetings with suppliers/internal departments as and when required
- Work with team leaders in reviewing RNV accounts and investigate unusual balances
- Ensure month end deadlines are met and GL reconciliations are completed accurately as per the timetable
- Collate and monitor creditor balance movements and Analytics KPIs and provide regular reports
- Assist with review and approval of new supplier accounts, and amendments to existing records
- Prepare schedules for auditors
- Identify and assist with improving AP procedures and controls, and communicate with the business to update and revise processes where necessary
- Ensure AP team structure is fit for purpose and meets the needs of the business
- Carry our regular meetings with AP team including staff appraisals, setting annual objectives and performance review. Identify AP team training and development needs
- Ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate is likely to live within a commutable distance to Hemel Hempstead and have an existing track record of success within an Accounts Payable position. They will have an excellent existing knowledge of AP functions, including team management. Good communication and an organised nature will be key to success, coupled with innovative, forward thinking thought processes. Exposure to JD Edwards or similar ERP systems is also imperative.
Salary & Benefits
This role is looking to pay up to £45,000 with an inclusive Car Allowance, variable bonus, 25 days holiday with free parking on site. Other benefits are on offer. For more information please contact Sam Somerfield at Robert Half on 01908 201420 or apply below.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice