Senior Accountant job in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire for an ACCA/ACA qualified or newly qualified accountant with a general accounting background gained within Public Practice.
Our client is an established multi-Partner firm of accountants with an enviable reputation for excellence and the development of staff both technically and from a career progression aspect.
Reporting directly to a Partner this a great opportunity for a Senior Accountant who is looking to develop their career within a supportive accountancy firm.
The Senior Accountant will undertake a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Assisting in the management of a large and complex client portfolio
- Prepare and Sole trader, Partnership and Limited company accounts
- Review Sole trader, Partnership and Limited company accounts prepared by more junior staff
- Prepare and review income tax and corporation tax calculations and tax returns
- Complete and review VAT returns
- Assist in the audit of Limited companies from planning through to completion
Besides being technically strong with good communication skills the ideal Senior Accountant will be proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency which works exclusively with accountancy firms in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire together with accountancy firms across the UK. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits into tax, accounts and audit jobs at all levels for accountancy firms and has a superb track record in the delivery of excellence for accountants and accountancy firms who are either looking to recruit or find a new job.