Finance and Compliance Assistant
FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE ASSISTANT
OUTSKIRTS OF TAUNTON (with free on-site parking)
£23,000 - £25,000 per annum (flexible DOE)
Standard hours are 8.30am-5pm but can offer flexible working hours such as 9am-4pm if required
Robert Half are working exclusively with a Manufacturing business on the outskirts of Taunton who are seeking a hard-working and team spirited Finance and Compliance Assistant to join their small, family feel team. This opportunity is perfect for an analytical Finance and Compliance Assistant who is looking to be part of a close-knit and approachable team.
Our client has been a specialist for 30 years tenure and their success has come from partnering with top designers and distributing their products nationwide and globally. My client's ethos spring from an honest and collaborative approach who treat their employees at the heart of what they do. The office is open plan and is situated off the M5 on the outskirts of Taunton so easily commutable from Somerset, Bridgwater and the Exeter area.
The Finance and Compliance Assistant will report directly in to the Finance Manager and work alongside the Director to provide a full range of finance support to the finance team and business support function. Main tasks will be split between a range of transactional finance duties, compliance, data management and other ad-hoc tasks, so will be best suited to someone who is seeking a varied role and is happy to "muck in". Key duties include:
- Assisting with preparing and processing invoices of their products
- Assisting in inputting stock invoices and documentation onto bespoke systems
- Taking payments over the phone and/or by email, liaising with suppliers
- Assisting with fleet management & expense claim processing
- Assisting in preparing reports for analysis etc.
- Compliance & Due Diligence Checks - Ensuring compliance and all relevant information about the products and managed and inputted onto the correct systems
- Data Management ensuring systems data is correct and up to date (Data cleansing, GDPR compliance etc.)
- Health & Safety co-ordination duties such as risk assessments, training, accident and hazard reports, fire safety.
- Archive managemen
- Export / Import Regulatory Requirements
- Assistance with IT & Telephones Management
- General assistance and support of the team as and when needed
You will have a great working attitude and committed to doing well in all tasks for yourself and for the wider team. Everyone is incredibly team-spirited so they are looking for a "hands on", selfless and like-minded indivual.
- Must have experience in a similar finance based role
- Excellent IT skills: Intermediate Excel skills as a minimum (pivot tables, look ups, pivot tables)
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Honest, confident and transparent
- Analytical eye, great attention to detail, accurate
- Strong work
- Free parking on-site
- Further training and progression given if wanted
- Flexible working - standard hours are 8.30am-5pm but an opportunity to do 9am-4pm if needed
- Family feel environment with full training and support
- Supportive management
- Opportunity to make this role your own, implement new ideas and process
Please don't delay in applying as interviews will be held w/k 18th March. Please contact Mia Collett on 0117 9935400 for further information and/or send an email expressing your interest .
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice