Procurement and Travel Co-ordinator
Robert Half are supporting our client in Whiteley on a retained basis, who are looking for a Purchase Co-ordinator. This is a newly created role and we are looking for someone who has 1-2 years experience in a similar position.
Working for an engineering company based in Whiteley the role will be at the heart of the company. You will be responsible for procuring requested goods and services for various projects within tight deadlines. Your will be supporting the manager on a day to day basis. You will also be the key person for organising an facilitating travel, accommodation for staff whilst supporting the admin team.
- Prepare and coordinate and complete procurement transactions with the right project manager following the company procedures
- Liaise with project managers to establish delivery deadlines, agree on prices, selection of suppliers and sub-contractors
- Maintain and update the portal and Purchase list and purchase email accounts real time
- Consult with the supply team with regards to logistics and transactions
- Liaise with finance department for timely receipt of goods and accurate coding of orders
- Identify high spend items and develop a strategy to reduce procurement costs for the company
- Be responsible for all company related travel, booking accommodation
- Responsible for booking car hire/ leases and car insurance for staff and managing the driving license checks and passports
You will ideally be studying CIP's or looking to study with at least 1-2 years experience in a similar role. You will have have strong stakeholder management and ability to negotiate with suppliers and look for solutions to hit the deadlines. You will be adaptable and able to work in moments of peaks and troughs. High attention to detail is essential and a natural flair for systems is desirable.
You will be a team player and happy to support other team members when necessary and enjoy being part of a team.
Working for an engineering company who will be experiencing growth in the future. This is an exciting time to join my client.
Salary & Benefits
Up to £30k plus study support, on site parking and much more.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice