Robert Half Finance & Accountancy are delighted to working with an international Marketing business on the recruitment of an exciting Financial Controller position based near Watford. This is an ideal role for an experienced Financial Controller who would like to be number in finance, managing a team of 3 staff and working as part of the senior management team.
The Financial Controller performs all financial tasks necessary to achieve the organisations mission for reporting requirements both internally and externally. This includes leading all day to day financial operations such as budget development and analysis, month-end close, weekly and monthly financial statement preparation, AR & AP preparation, general ledger entries and audit preparation. This position reports directly to the local MD and the Corporate CFO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Key part of the senior management team both locally and corporate level.
- Managing management of all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares an operating and management budget. Monitors activity and recommends any changes.
- Prepares monthly corporate reporting for consolidation along with management accounts and balance sheets.
- Prepares weekly reports including cash flow, A/R, A/P, Invoicing Facility current and forecast.
- Initiates and manages process for year-end close.
- Reviews and approves all wire transfers in advance of CEO releasing payments.
- Purchase foreign currency as needed. Coordinate with Corporate when necessary.
- Performs monthly control of payroll calculations and eventual remittances
- Train and supervise Finance staff to improve and support A/P, A/R and PO functions.
- Oversees accurate set up of company reporting and inventory tracking, credit card analysis and reconciliation, and various ad hoc reports as needed.
- Develops and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard the receipt of revenue, costs and operating expenditures and adherence with statutory regulations.
We are looking for a fully qualified Financial Controller with at least 5 years at Controller level who has managed staff, has experience or improving process and procedure and has implemented a new ERP system.
It is ideal to have experience of IFRS and knowledge of accounting for Marketing Projects.
Our client are a successful international Marketing Company based near Watford recruiting a Financial Controller position.
Salary & Benefits
The Financial Controller role will offer an excellent base salary of circa £72-78k dependant on experience plus a package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice