This is a fun and fast paced Accounts Assistant role with a great portfolio of musicians and bands in the firm. You will be working within the touring team dealing with work allocated from your seniors.
Our client is a specialist Accountancy firm based in the city of London who concentrate purely on the music and entertainment sector and have a real focus on working with bands right from the start up stages who then grow to become well known bands internationally, predominately in the US and European markets.
Duties for the Successful Accounts Assistant role will include:
- Maintaining the books and records for bands, touring companies, LLPs and sole traders using Sage Line 50. This will include the preparation of:
- Cash Book and Reconciliation;
- Tour Float reconciliation
- Credit Card reconciliation
- Sales Day Book, Sales Ledger and Debtors Ledger,
- Booking Agency Statement Reconciliation;
- Purchase Day Book, Purchase Ledger Control Account; and
- VAT Returns and workings.
- Corresponding with bank re balances / confirmation of receipt of documents etc
- Assisting with the day to day running of clients' affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, agents, insurers and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- Arranging payment of authorised purchase invoices by preparing transfer documents and setting up internet payments.
- Assisting with the management of clients' cash flow, debtor collection etc; and
- Assisting the Team Leader and Head of Department with ad hoc projects that may arise
- To prepare books and records for Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships where appropriate for level of experience and training as instructed by the Team Leader;
- To assist with the day to day running of clients' affairs, to include liaising with tour managers, artist management, and the Accountants in the business management department etc;
- To assist the Team Leaders with projects that may arise that are suitable to level of experience; and
- To assist other teams/ departments when necessary as instructed by the Manager.
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good use of time management;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication with staff and clients, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to deadlines; and
- Ability to work well with others.
- Keen interest in the Music Industry
- On going support and training
- Opportunity to work in a fast paced desirable business
- Discretionary Bonus scheme