Financial Analyst £35,000 - £40,000 + study support
A brand-new Financial Analyst opportunity has become available within a highly reputable business based in central Bristol. The role is perfect for either an ACCA/ACA first mover looking for a more commercial position; or part-qualified CIMA/ACCA with a proven analytical background. The business has multiple on-going projects as well as an implementation of a new management system coming up - therefore they are keen to get an ambitious character on-board that thrives in a varied role.
Working as part of the core Management Accounting team providing reporting, analysis and assistance to the wider finance team.
An interesting role giving the successful candidate a great opportunity to create a range of Management Information (MI) reporting templates and respond to ad hoc requests for targeted analysis from stakeholders around the business (including Managing Directors).
- Providing analysis and support as required to the Management Accounts team and senior finance members.
- Working with the Finance Planning & Analysis Manager (FP&A) to overhaul existing processes and set up a suite of reports and processes to support the month end reporting process.
- Setting up monthly KPI reporting which is reliable and efficient, from available data within the Financial and HR systems. This will cover billing, WIP, open debt, matters opened, and more. Initially, this will be through setting up new Excel models and eventually assisting with the implementation of a new Financial Reporting system.
- Providing ad hoc financial analysis across the 20 fee earning teams and 8 overhead budgets as requested by the Financial Controller and Finance Director as well as responding to requests from across the business.
- Assisting with the review of financial results to identify risks and opportunities within the business that merit further analysis or action.
- Providing support to the Financial Operations Manager through running required reports within the system and/or designing new reports from available data.
- Providing support to the Finance Manager and FP&A Manager when they are producing, supporting and collating budgets and forecasts.
- Assisting with the implementation of a new Financial Reporting system, from design and mapping requirements through to implementation in order to support the wider management accounting team.
- Part-qualified or qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Advanced Excel skills
- SQL experience would be ideal
- Previous project work would be advantageous
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Study support
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice