Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting for a Finance Director to join a professional services firm in Newport on a permanent basis.
To contribute to the smooth running and continued growth of the Firm by providing accurate and relevant financial information and guidance to the owners of the business and ensuring the effective management of the Finance Team
- Take an active role in the drawing up of firm wide budgetary planning in consultation with Heads of Department and the Chief Executive
- Take an active role in the annual presentation of the firm wide budget to the Owners of the business
- Continuously monitor budgets and report any variances or deviation of budgetary decisions to the CEO to agree corrective action if necessary
- Continuously review and develop departmental and firm wide KPIs which reflect changes in the business as well as the external environment
- Liaise with Heads of Department and the CEO in the measuring/monitoring of departmental KPIs to drive business performance and improve inefficiencies across the business
- Analyse financial data from both internal and external sources and report on trends to assist Heads of Department, the CEO and the Owners to make strategic decisions
- Assist the CEO, Heads of Depts and/or the Owners in financial modelling that may be required from time to time to facilitate decision making in respect of the profitability of the current services portfolio or potential new business
- Produce monthly management accounts/financial dashboards in accordance with agreed timetables and ensure delivery to relevant personnel including CEO/Owners and any authorised external third parties
- Monitor cashflow and ensure that cashflow forecasts and forecast balance sheets are presented to the CEO and Owners on a quarterly basis or as otherwise agreed
- Supervise all other finance staff and other employees in the facilitation of day to day operations including credit control, payroll and payments to HMRC etc
- Ensure compliance with the preparation and provision of all data required by external third parties e.g. Office of National Statistics/HMRC/Companies House
- To ensure that all tax liabilities are met in accordance with deadlines including PAYE and tax
- Contract, in consultation with the CEO, external auditing services to include the drawing up of financial statements, audit etc and ensure that all preparation in advance thereof is properly managed in line with agreements with external accountants
- Ensure that all finance staff maintain professional relationships with external contractors including banks and accountants which uphold the professional standards of the firm
- Ensure that relevant finance staff continuously liaise with colleagues across departments to ensure that training and guidance in relation to internal or external finance guidelines is kept up to date and relevant
- Ensure that the firm's financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- Update and implement financial policies and procedure and ensure co-operation with other internal departments to ensure that these are fully understood, adequate training is delivered across the firm and are properly monitored and reported upon
- Ensure that the finance department support the induction training programmes in place across the business as requested by the HR department or Heads of Department
- Qualified Accountant to at least CIMA, ACCA, ACMA, ACA or CIPFA level
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems
- Experience in direct management and control of minimum £5m turnover operation.
- Proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team
- Experience in budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Experience with liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members.
Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary of £55,000-60,000.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Competitive holiday entitlement.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice