Accounts Manager - Well-Established Firm
AJ Chambers East England team are currently representing a well-established firm of Chartered Certified Accountants, who are actively seeking an Accounts Manager.
Our client started as a small practice but has now grown considerably and are one of the most well-established firms in the area.
This role not only offers excellent exposure, but also a great progression path for a driven and capable accountant. Near all of their staff have been with the firm for five or more years, which really goes to show how supportive and friendly the team are.
- Management of a team of qualified and trainee accountants, payroll and bookkeeping staff and review of work prepared by the team including:
- Accounts for limited companies to ensure compliance with UK GAAP under FRS105 and FRS102;
- Corporation Tax computations;
- R&D claims calculations;
- Management accounts.
- Managing VAT applications, compliance with current and changing VAT legislation, compliance with VAT schemes, partial-exemption calculations and trading overseas.
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients.
- Advising clients on all aspects of VAT relating to a broad range of different trades and business sectors.
- Assisting staff and clients with advice on Income Tax, CIS and NICs.
- Regular communication with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Preparation of Income Tax computations, Self-Assessment tax returns and providing tax-planning advice.
- Networking with other local businesses.
- Meetings with and take on new clients for the Practice
- Preparation of Capital Gains Tax computations and providing CGT advice.
- Preparation of ATED returns and ATED-related CGT computations.
- Implementation of cloud-based software solutions to help clients prepare for Making Tax Digital and assisting in training both staff and clients.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Good knowledge of systems such as; IRIS, Sage and Xero
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage internal relationships for clients and colleagues
- Skilled at dealing with business owners and advising them on a range of commercial issues
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Must be confident in a client facing position
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and practice
If you feel you would be suitable, please apply direct or contact Liam Snell at AJ Chambers.
In return, if you are not interested in this particular role but you know someone who may be, this is a rare and incredible opportunity, so do let them know.
Accounts Manager - Saffron Walden