Our client are looking for an audit senior to join our audit and accounts department which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients.
To become part of the audit and accounts department which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients. Your time will split approximately 50% on audit work and the remainder on offering other professional services such as accountancy, systems reviews, corporate tax and company secretarial work.
Corporate staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, we also deal with professional partnerships, financial service companies and a significant number of not-for-profit organisations. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time
- Seeks self development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
The successful application will provide complete and efficient delivery to the audit and accounts department management team and the Peterborough office partners. This is a mixed role that will include undertaking audit and accounts work, both in the office and at client premises.
Education and experience
Applicants will be either ACA or ACCA qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice or audit. Familiarity with electronic auditing packages and accounts preparation with CCH Accounts Production is an advantage.