Senior Auditor / Audit Manager
Counter is delighted to be assisting a client with over 90 years of experience in providing audit, accounting and taxation advice across the spectrum of business and industry. They presently have over 50 employees and are working with over 1,000 clients ranging from owner-managed SME businesses and fast-growth entrepreneurial ventures to national and multinational companies, across all industries.
We are looking for an ICAEW or ACCA qualified Audit Senior/Assistant Audit Manager with UK experience of a wide range of audit clients in a wide range of industries to join their team of dedicated auditors.
Having a car and being able and willing to drive is essential, as is recent corporate experience.
Their client base is predominantly North West with some National coverage, some overnight stay will be necessary.
The role involves a high degree of client contact and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally is very important as is the ability to work as part of a team. It is essential to be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Plan the audit
- Manage and lead the on-site team
- Perform the on-site audit
- Communicate with Partner and client staff
- Satisfactorily complete the audit file for partner review
- Review audit files to a high standard
- Attend stocktakes as required (will involve some weekend working).
- Provide on-site training for other team members
- Attend client meetings as required
- Clear Partner review
- Group consolidations
- Predominantly North West, but some overnight stays are required for two weeks at a time. Some weekend working will be required.
- Experience of excel, word and proprietary accounts packages is essential.
- Also ISAs, UK GAAP, Companies Act 2006.
- Good communicator, written and verbal. Good client facing skills.
- External UK commercial corporate Audit and statutory accounts preparation from clients TB.
- ICAEW / ACCA qualified