My client is part of a fast growing accountancy firm. Following a large acquisition they are currently looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their Head Office Finance team on a permanent basis.
Working closely with the Regional Credit Control Supervisor you will form part of the Group Credit Control Dept. and collect cash for your region and assist with support for cover absences/annual leave within the wider team structure as and when required.
Reporting to the Credit Manager you will be responsible for:
- Telephoning clients for payment due from Open Accounts system on a 30 day terms basis.
- Updating Open Accounts database with debt status; follow up date; along with narrative of the conversation.
- Informing relevant personnel of client detail amendments/changes to ensure live data is accurate at all times.
- With supervision and onsite training, being confident and proactive to ensure you are able to offer the correct payment plan for client’s current circumstances, e.g. Monthly Direct Debit/Finance Agreements, Debit/Credit Card payments by phone etc
- To liaise and build relationships with internal and external colleagues in order to address client queries for a swift resolution to ensure payment in a timely manner.
- To chase debtors up to litigation stage and ensure that all slow paying clients are correctly tracked through the system to end stage of the collection process.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in credit control is essential, ideally for a medium to large business.
- A positive attitude and a desire to continuously improve on cash collection results
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organised with ability to implement and follow systems and procedures.
- IT skills, with knowledge of Excel, Word and ideally Open / CCH / Sage Accounts.
- Adaptable to working within the evolving and changing environment that accompanies a growing accountancy firm.
- A salary of £20 – 22,000 dependent on experience
- 20 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Life assurance + pension
- Free car parking.
To discuss this further and for more information please forward a CV for immediate attention.