Interim Financial Controller (Immediate Start / 3 Month Contract)
Please note this position requires an immediate start, ideally during the week commencing 25th February.
Founded in 2009, our client is one of the largest HR recruitment technology platforms in Europe. Currently they are looking to hire an Interim Financial Controller to assist their CFO in running their Finance function from their office in Holborn, London.
About the role
Their UK business has tremendous potential and is moving out of its launch phase, which produced fantastic results and attracted a number of high-profile, high-volume clients. To take this market to the next level, they are now looking for an interim Financial Controller for a period of 3 month to join their growing UK team.
They offer a challenging, fast-paced tech start-up environment, no bureaucracy, and specialised teams of incredibly bright, driven individuals who will be on hand to support you in your undertakings. As well as carrying out traditional Controller tasks, you will be working hand-in-hand with the CFO, identifying inefficiencies and introducing new processes and systems to address them.
- Working with the Finance Manager and the team of 4, as well as outsourced accountants
- Assist in the re-design of their cashflow model
- Work with their invoice factoring partners to develop their system for forecasting future cash flows
- Re-design their management reporting pack
- Develop a ‘banking pack’ to be used to raise financing
- Implement a model to carry out the weekly review of their client margins
- Design and prepare balance sheet recs
- Reconciling old balances and resolving historic issues
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for the business
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations and legislation
Requirements & Skills
- ACA, ACCA (or equivalent) qualified, or qualified through extensive relevant experience
- Financial planning and analysis experience
- Excellent analytical skills, expert user of Excel/Sheets
- Proficient in the use of accounting systems (familiarity with Quickbooks is a big plus)
- Experience managing a small team
- Excellent problem solver, experience with process design and improvement
- Attention to detail balanced with swift execution
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment