Robert Half are currently working with a well established business based in Chippenham who are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be acting as an Assistant Accountant and you will be reporting into the Finance Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Weekly profit and loss production and analysis
- Compile financial and non-financial data required for internal and external reporting on a periodic basis
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure processes are carried out efficiently and be proactive towards identifying further process improvements
- Analyse results and provide meaningful feedback with narrative so operational teams can be challenged to further develop the business and drive the bottom line
- Provide cover for the Finance team where required
- Period end balance sheet reconciliation
- Dealing with customers and suppliers to resolve queries and requests
- Budgeting and forecasting for a portfolio of contracts
The ideal candidate will:
- Be working towards a recognised professional accounting qualification (Early stage CIMA/ACCA)
- Have experience in P&L production and analysis of management information
- Will possess a strong attention to detail
- Have strong communication skills, both verbally and written, and be able to communicate with non-financial staff
- Will be flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Have the ability to manage your own time effectively and work to tight reporting deadlines
- Have have strong Excel skills including formulas, pivots and look ups
A market leading business in their industry with a diverse and friendly work environment. This business prides themselves on developing employees skills and progressing ambitious workers.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full time position earning £25,000 - £28,000 pa DOE. Benefits include on-site parking, company pension along with several other employee perks.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice