Finance Officer / Accounts Assistant / Finance Administrator
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The College is located in Hulme a mile south of the centre of Manchester and very close to Manchester University and Manchester Metropolitan University, with excellent transport links. It is one of the largest Sixth Form Colleges in the country and rated as Outstanding at the last Ofsted Inspection.
They are now seeking to appoint a Finance Officer to provide an efficient and effective accounting and administrative service for the College finance function.
- First point of contact for bursary queries from students, parents and teachers.
- Process bursary applications in a timely manner using Unit-e software.
- Liaise with Heads of Hall to check if payments need to be held back due to students' absence.
- Process monthly payment run in Unit-e, and prepare file for upload into internet banking.
- Liaise with students regarding any returned BACS payments, update Unit-e with correct bank details, and process new BACS payments.
- Check staff expenses claims against receipts, and process in Sage Purchase Ledger.
- Create sales invoices, post in Sales Ledger, and chase overdue debtors.
- Process bank receipts and payments in Sage Cash Book/Sales/Purchase Ledgers.
- Process cheque requests - complete cheques and post in Sage Cash Book.
- Process petty cash payment requests and receipts, and post in Sage Nominal Ledger.
- Check credit card logs and receipts against statements, and post transactions in Sage.
- Process recharge journals in Sage, including: catering, photocopying and transport.
- To confidently work in Excel spreadsheets, including updating balance sheet reconciliations.
- Providing cover for other team members when necessary.
- To assist with the collation/preparation of materials required for college events/ roadshows.
- To assist with evening/weekend activities and functions and other events as required.
- Any other duties as directed by the Principal, Director of Finance, and the Finance Manager.
- Experience in an accounting and administrative role
- Proficiency in working with standard office applications such as MS Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent organisational and accounting skills
- Recent frequent experience of processing transactions in an accounting software package
- The ability to operate a computerised administrative system / database
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- The ability to maintain quality and organisational procedures for the efficient running of the College office
- The ability to recognise and appreciate the confidential nature of some work undertaken
- Excellent attention to detail
- Carries out routine liaison to pass on information promptly and accurately to all those who need to know.
- Ability to empathise with 16-19 year olds within a college situation
- Ability to communicate with students and staff on a daily basis
- Evidence of commitment to Continuous Professional Development
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Client's careers page.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of: Finance Assistant, ACCA, CIMA, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Financial Administrator, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Junior Accountant, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger will be considered for this role.